The first three finalists for the NHL postseason awards were announced on Wednesday.
Bruins center Patrice Bergeron, Blues forward Ryan O’Reilly and Golden Knights winger Mark Stone have been announced as the finalists for the Frank J. Selke Trophy, which awards the league’s forward who excels most in the defensive aspects of the game.
Selke Finalists. Bergeron, O’Reilly, Stone.
— John Shannon (@JSportsnet) April 17, 2019
All three players didn’t just excel on the defensive end, though. They also all posted career highs in points and points per game this season.
The NHL will roll out its awards finalists once a night for about two weeks culminating with the announcement of who is up for the Hart Trophy on April 28.
Here is the schedule for when those finalists will be announced:
NHL Awards Finalists announcement dates
- April 17: Selke Trophy (Patrice Bergeron, Ryan O’Reilly, Mark Stone)
- April 18: Lady Byng Trophy (Player best combining sportsmanship and ability)
- April 19: Masterson Trophy (Perseverance and dedication to hockey)
- April 20: Vezina Trophy (Top goaltender)
- April 21: Norris Trophy (Top defenseman)
- April 22: Mark Messier Leadership Award
- April 23: King Clancy Memorial Trophy (Humanitarian Award)
- April 24: Willie O’Ree Community Hero Award
- April 25: Ted Lindsay Award (Most Outstanding Player as voted by the players)
- April 26: Jack Adams Award (Top head coach)
- April 27: Calder Trophy (Top rookie)
- April 28: Hart Trophy (Most Valuable player to his team)