Tom Brady-related merchandise topped the NFL sales this past year, according to the NFLPA.
Another title for @TomBrady. For a second straight year, the @Patriots QB finished atop the #NFLPA Top 50 Player Sales List. View the full list here:https://t.co/W3OtfdUr0H pic.twitter.com/x6kH4X8K8M
— NFLPA (@NFLPA) April 24, 2019
It’s the second year in a row the Patriots quarterback has topped the sales list. According to the NFLPA, the list is based on all officially licensed NFL player merchandise that was sold between March 1, 2018, and Feb. 28, 2019.
It’s the third time Brady’s sales have topped the list, making him the only player to do so. Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson has topped the list twice.
After Brady, Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott, Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz, Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott and Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes rounded out the top five, in that order, in overall sales.
Other notable sales notes:
- The 2018 rookie class made a strong impact. Giants running back Saquon Barkley appeared at No. 6, along with Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield (No. 12), Jets quarterback Sam Darnold (No. 26), Cowboys linebacker Leighton Vander Esch (No. 31) and Bills quarterback Josh Allen (No. 48).
- Fathead wall decals and cutouts of Tom Brady, Saquon Barkley, Odell Beckham Jr., Baker Mayfield and Patrick Mahomes topped the sales of that specific product.
- Patriots receiver Julian Edelman and Darnold were the best sellers when it came to drinkware.
- Eagles tight end Zach Ertz, former Packers receiver Randall Cobb and Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan were the top sellers in Hallmark ornaments.
- Brady sold the most merchandise among cake toppers, jigsaw puzzles and pet jerseys.