All-Pro linebacker Jason Pierre-Paul likely out until November, report says

Buccaneers' Jason Pierre-Paul says he'll be 'bringing the house down' against Giants

Jason Pierre-Paul’s recovery timeline keeps getting longer.

According to ESPN, which cited unidentified sources, the Buccaneers linebacker won’t return to action until November at the earliest.

The report noted Carl Nassib, Shaq Barrett and Noah Spence are expected to carry the workload in Pierre-Paul’s absence.

Pierre-Paul suffered a cervical fracture May 2 in a one-car accident in rainy conditions on I-95 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. After consulting with several specialists, he initially opted not to undergo neck surgery, though the procedure remains an option.

It marked the second offseason incident to sideline Pierre-Paul for a significant period after he lost part of his hand in a Fourth of July fireworks accident in 2015.

The Bucs placed him on the active/non-football injury list last month after it was reported the team doesn’t expect him back until October.

Pierre-Paul, 30, led Tampa Bay with 12.5 sacks in 2018, becoming the first Bucs player to record double-digit sacks in 12 seasons.