Patrick Beverley is staying in Los Angeles.
The free-agent guard has agreed to a three-year contract worth $40 million to remain with the Clippers, his agent, Kevin Bradbury, told ESPN.
Beverley seemingly confirmed the news early Monday morning on Twitter.
— Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) July 1, 2019
Beverley got the exact deal he had reportedly been after following interest from the Lakers, Bulls and Mavericks, which prompted the Clippers to lock him down.
“I feel like any team I’m on, I can help take that team to the playoffs,” Beverley told the Chicago Tribune last month. “Just me, my attitude, what I bring defensively, my grit and grind, my ability to play-make, rebound and make shots, the leader I am, I’m excited to see what door opens. If it’s a young team or older veteran team, I’m ready.
“This is my first time being an unrestricted free agent, so of course I’m super excited to go through the process, to be wooed, to see the hard work and everything I’ve been through to this point be rewarded. I’m just really happy and confident and excited with how this past season went. I can’t wait to see what the future holds.”
Beverley, who turns 31 next week, averaged 7.6 points, 5.0 rebounds and 3.8 assists in 78 games for the Clippers last season. The lockdown defender spent the first five years of his career with the Rockets before he was shipped to L.A. as part of the Chris Paul trade in June 2017.