Melvin Gordon’s holdout just got a little stickier.
The Chargers running back’s agent told ESPN Thursday he requested a trade on behalf of Gordon last week, but revealed the Chargers didn’t give him permission to seek trade options with other NFL teams.
Chargers RB Melvin Gordon’s agent Damarius Bilbo tells me he requested a trade last wk for his client, after the team remained at their initial offer of aprox $10M/ year. GM Tom Telesco told Bilbo, Gordon is still family, but Bilbo was not given permission to seek trade partners.
— ig: josinaanderson (@JosinaAnderson) August 1, 2019
Gordon’s agent, Damarius Bilbo, added that the team didn’t budge on its offer to Gordon, an updated contract that would average $10 million per year.
Chargers general manager Tom Telesco apparently told Bilbo that Gordon was still “family” along with the denying request.
Gordon, 26, has not reported to training camp as he has yet to receive his desired offer going into the season. He’s scheduled to make $5.6 million dollars in 2019 should he return to the team.
Last season, Gordon rushed for 885 yards and 10 touchdowns as well as 490 receiving yards and four touchdowns, down from his previous two seasons’ scrimmage totals.